AVI/WMV Playback Control?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Mar 9 10:54:27 EST 2004

>> I don't understand -- Flash displays video, so why would your clips have to
>> be separate from your app?
>>
>> http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/productinfo/features/static_tour/me
>> dia/index.html#03

> As I understand it, I'd have to launch the Flash standalone player in
> order to play Flash clips from Rev.  Rev itself ONLY supports Flash
> IF you have QuickTime, which is my problem - corporate world's total
> aversion to installing QuickTime!!  If I launch a separate player
> then is can appear anywhere on screen obscuring my Rev window and I
> can't control it or determine its progress.

OK but what I'm saying is, if you're at the mercy of your corporate client,
why not create the entire set of media and deliver in Flash, using one
(Flash) player.

Sure it might be easier to use Rev, but from what you're describing it
sounds like that's not an option for you.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Development & Design