Windows standalone builder - set version number?

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Mar 8 23:50:52 EST 2004

> Monte,
>
> Thanks very much.  Can I put my vote in at least to try and get this in
> if possible.  I think that most developers expect to be able to
> dependably set the version number of their applications when building
> standalones.  The worst thing here is that it appears that setting
> versions is support because there are fields for setting the
> information in the standalone builder - but it doesn't actually do it.

That's what it looks like isn't it. It's not actually the case because there
are two places where the file version and product version are stored in the
.exe file. One is in unicode and the other is in binary. The binary is the
one that's being displayed prominently. The unicode one is displayed in a
list below and is the one we are setting correctly. Thanks Bill ;-)

It may get in yet but I'm not making promises ;-)

Cheers

Monte