Naive questions about contacting databases

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Mar 8 21:57:04 EST 2004

You haven't given us much info to work with here :-) What sort of
database are you trying to connect to?
Basically, as others have said, you can use the Database Query builder
to get basic control of any of the SQL databases or Valentina. If you
want to experiment with more direct access through your own scripting,
you might like to have a look at the two MySQL example stacks on my web
page for talking to a MySQL database.

For export, I find tab-delimited text to be extremely useful as it can
then be imported into almost any other application, but if that's not
what you're after, you might consider XML.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/