WMV Playback?

Peter Reid preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 12:24:05 EST 2004

I'm trying to support a Win client who doesn't have (and won't have!)
QuickTime installed.  Whilst AVI files run fine through Rev (I'm
using v2.1.2) they are much bigger and poorer quality than WMV files.
However, when I try to play back WMV files from Rev I get
intermittent results - sometimes it plays back OK and other times I
get messages such as "could not create movie reference".  Selecting
an AVI file always works, but not a WMV file - even the same file
will work sometimes and not others??!  I have set the dontUseQT to
true to prevent QuickTime being used in the stack.

Any ideas please?
--
Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
E-mail: preid at reidit.co.uk
         preid at reidit.demon.co.uk
         peter.reidit at ntlworld.com
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk