educational stacks

Chris Honan chona2 at eq.edu.au
Mon Mar 8 01:42:15 EST 2004

Hello,

I am the teaching principal of a small, rural school in Far North
Queensland, Australia. I am also a new Revolution user/ "programmer".

After 'playing' with Revolution 1.1.1. I have become quite excited about
developing some standalone applications for my 6 to 12 year old
students. Ideally these would work like the Revolution Documentation
included in the program itself. That is, they have a simple graphic, an
interactive menu and hyperlinks. Much like a webpage, but in a
standalone program.

To save building these from scratch, I was hoping it might be possible
to obtain some stacks that already do this; or modify the Revolution
Documentation stacks themselves to include the content, links, images,
etc. applicable to my children.

I am aware of the "Preceptor Tools" stacks and have tinkered with them -
but they are too much for what I'm after.

Consequently, is it possible to 'hack' the Revolution Documentation
stacks? Or are you able to direct me towards a freely available stack
that can be modified accordingly?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

I look forward to your replies.

Regards,