Problem with Windows but not with Mac (I know, it's usual!!)

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Fri Mar 5 05:41:02 EST 2004

Hi,

just to make sure:

> I think Klaus is right -- don't use accented chars for control names!
> It may be OK within a single platform -- but causes problems if
> "translated" to other platforms... (as é > È ;-)))

It is NOT a problem of windows but of using various platforms running
different code pages. In fact: The MAC is the one that uses an abstruse
variation of ISO code (called "Mac-Roman"), not the "PC" ;-)

I think this should be considered an issue for documentation and
eventually the compiler part: Dealing with platforms that use different
codepages not only creates problems in content (where Revolution seems
to take care of it) but also in commenting the code and, naturally, in
variable names. I wouldn't use a variable named "Fläche" on Windows
either, because porting that code to AIX might bring trouble with it.

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / level-2
Glinder Str. 2
27432 Ebersdorf