PDF

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Mar 5 04:17:01 EST 2004

Hi Folks,

>> Notice Ken, a file of this size (36 * 48 inches),
>> will create a huge bitmap, even at 72 dpi.
>>
>> Surely, you will prefer to work with tiles of
>> this map, not with an unique image.
----------
Nope, not necessary.
----------

> If you're going to use this mongoMap on a Mac, be aware that there is a
> 4000 pixel limitation. Altho Photoshop and others can display very large
> images, MC/Rev for the Mac cannot. Tiles would be your best bet. I had a
> similar problem last May. Scott wrote:
>

> We're stumped.
-----------
Be stumped no more.

Thomas sent me a jpg file conversion (from the 34" x 45" PDF I emailed him
about an hour ago) straight out of OSX Preview.

I imported the 2448 x 3240 JPEG image to a Rev stack, grouped it, bordered
it, set the margins to 0, locked it, added scrollbars, and plugged the
*genuine* Rev-style mouseMove grab/scroll handlers into the image script.

It works beautifully. Grab/scrolls like its on bed of ball bearings. No
problems, no joke.

Now all I need to do is decide on the right size for the group, design and
build my metamap remote scroller, and I'll be done.

Rev is Kewel ;-)
Ken N.