Update button icon

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Fri Mar 5 03:39:25 EST 2004

Hi Tom,

> Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:58:46 -0500
> From: Thomas McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net>
> Subject: Re: Update button icon

> Then via scripting the next time the button is hit it asks for the
> custom prop cYellow and if true sets the state to a yellow button.
> However, I want to (without setting the icon itself ) have it update
> using the custom prop without having to click the button.
----------
This is confusing. You say you click the button then check the state to see
if it needs updating. But then you say you _don't_ click the button to
update it.

You shouldn't have to click it again. The script runs, right? It should
change it right away.

I mean if you check and it needs updating then executing that script without
clicking will change it. It will here. You don't need to click it _again_ to
execute the same script that updates it the first time.

But you _can_ force a screen redraw (lock screen/unlock screen) if you have
to.

I'm afraid we're all having a tough time getting it. I personally still
don't see why you need three buttons. There must be something we're missing.
I did it with one button, for which you can change the icon image (you say
there are thousands) at will anytime you like, and a translucent image
overlay which can block the button's script and run its own.

Thus, you can build a file template for use anywhere.

Ken N.