geometry manager - ordering of objects can matter

rodney tamblyn rodney at infiny.co.nz
Thu Mar 4 17:21:54 EST 2004

This may have already come up before, but I'll mention it here in case
is helpful.

When using the geometry manager, sometimes it is necessary to consider
the numbering of objects. Basically, if you are getting unpredicatable
results - e.g. objects disappearing off screen when you resize the
card, when you didn't intend this - try looking and changing the order
of the objects (bring object to front, send to back etc).  You may find
as I did that it makes a difference.  My guess is this because it
changes the order that the Geometry manager processes the objects when
stepping through the resize operations.

R.
--
Rodney Tamblyn