The opposite of save?

Robert Brenstein rjb at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Thu Mar 4 15:33:05 EST 2004

>On 3/4/04 6:57 PM, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
>
>>  Hi all,

>>>  Rev will look for stacks in the host filesystem if not in memory?
>>
>>  Check the "revert" command in the dox :-)
>
>That also assumes that there was a save during the current app run. I'm
>trying to just read in a stack that I saved earlier - at any time.
>
>doug

If the saving is done by the user, then you may need to ask user to
locate it using 'answer file'. This will get you back the filepath.
If you save the file in a predefined location and predefined name or
you save the path to the saved file on any other way, then you know
the path as well. That is what you need.

In either case, you then

go stack stackpathname

This assumes that by "reading in" you mean opening the stack for use
in a normal fashion. If not, you need to elaborate.

The suggested 'go stack filename.rev' works the same but only if the
defaultFolder is set to the stack's folder or the stack is saved in
the application folder.

Robert