continuing problem with windows standalone

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Mar 3 23:19:41 EST 2004

Hi Andrew,
In my experiences with creating Windows standalones having developed on
a Mac, there is one common thing that keeps causing me problems, and
that is using the not-equals, less-than-or-equal-to or
greater-than-or-equal-to characters. On a Mac, these are single
characters, but if you include one in a script running on Windows,
nothing will happen! Check carefully for these in your script.
Try adding a button to your standalone with a very simple ask dialog
i.e. nothing else in the handler, just an ask. If that works, you know
it isn't the ask dialog itself, but something in the script.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/