checking multiple objects with same AltID

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 3 19:40:56 EST 2004

I have been known to be wrong - but I thought the docs said that rev
checks both the ID and the altID for numbers when referencing an ID SO
it is not a good idea to have two objects with the same ID - either the
ID or altID.

Instead I would use a custom property that the system will not call and
only you will call when needed. It seems to easy for the system to need
to check the id and if two have the same name it can not be good.

Others will know more than I But since I got the manuals in the mail I
have really been doing some reading and that was one of them.

HTH

TOm