More dialer stuff

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Mar 3 19:11:23 EST 2004

On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 02:09 PM, Ken Norris wrote:

> ...will it work the same in Windows? Can someone check for me?

As mentioned, you have to specify the COM port.

> Also, what's a good way to detect if the phone has been picked up so I
> can:

I assume you mean at the calling end.

No.

There are some tricks with a voice modem, but they would be beyond what
you are probably prepared to do.

Some modems and phone gadgets might do this, I don't know.

You can have the operator hit a button or key.  You can have it timeout
as in the script I suggested.  The problem with that is that you will
have a click and a sudden increase in volume for both ends and this
might come at an awkward time.  You might leave it off-hook during the
entire conversation and then then hang up if the operator has to click
something after a call anyway.  You might have to be creative.

Don't forget to hang up as well as close.

Dar Scott