Again with the start using.

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Mar 3 12:43:38 EST 2004

On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 10:32 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Given that a library should always perform those two checks anyway (to
> see if it is the target of the message and whether it's been
> initialized already), what is the downside to passing that system
> message just as one would usually want to pass all others?

Do you mean in all cases?

For me...

I think of many other messages as belonging to all, but libraryStack as
belonging to the library stack. (I pass only if it is not for the
stack.)

However, I don't have a strong feeling on this one and would try to go
along with common practice and good style and...

Is it really a consensus that certain messages, such as openCard,
should pass down the path?  What are those messages?

Dar Scott