Cyrillic Encodings

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 3 11:34:14 EST 2004

There is no automatic conversion capability that I know of. The only
way I can think of that this would work would be for you to map
character codes from one encoding to the other using charToNum() on
each character in a string, then changing codes that differ from
encoding to encoding, then using numToChar() convert back to the
character in the new encoding.

You might also want to look at uniEncode() to convert from single-byte
encoding to Unicode.

Devin

On Mar 3, 2004, at 8:25 AM, "Mathewson" <richmond at mail.maclaunch.com>
wrote:

> Doea anybody know if there is a way to convert between text
> encodings (other than ISO <-> MAC) in RR?

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University