Opening a zipped file in RunRev?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Mar 3 13:58:20 EST 2004

>    save this stack as compress(url "file:Macintosh HD/Desktop
> Folder/MyStackFile2.rev")
>
> (This produces gibberish for the file name on my HD.)

I think you want something more like:

put compress(this stack) into url "file:Macintosh HD/Desktop
Folder/MyStackFile2.rev.gz"

> And then what? Are you assuming the user (the person downloading this
> file from the web) is running Run Rev and that the Run Rev application
> has the instructions for decompressing the downloaded file and then
> opening it? And what does that code look like? Anything like:
>
>     uncompress(url "file:??????)
>
> And are we talking about zip files or gzip files?

Rev's compression is gzip.

To open the above, you could do:

put uncompress(url "file:Macintosh HD/Desktop
Folder/MyStackFile2.rev.gz") into url "file:Macintosh HD/Desktop
Folder/MyStackFile2.rev"

OR open it directly without saving to disk:

go stack uncompress(url "file:Macintosh HD/Desktop
Folder/MyStackFile2.rev.gz")

HTH,
Brian