Problems with cloning cards...

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Mon Mar 1 20:47:58 EST 2004

On Mar 1, 2004, at 8:56 AM, Stephen King wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I should have stuck with one card stacks....!
>
> I am having some trouble understanding cloning cards. I am using the
> clone
> approach at the moment so that card script is carried over (maybe
> templates
> are the way but I haven't investigated them yet).
>
> 1. In the script
> On..handler
> Clone card template
> end handler
> does the script complete or terminate immediately the clone takes
> place. I
> ask this because for a while it seemed that scripts after the clone did
> occur (in my case sending a message to the new card), but now nothing
> seems
> to happen after the clone takes place. I have tested this by placing an
> Answer directly after the clone command which does not respond but
> does if
> just before the clone command. The clone itself does occur.
>
> Now, I can get only get the clone card to respond to a message sent to
> it by
> placing 'send message to last card in xxx milliseconds' BEFORE the
> clone
> takes place. Before it was after (without the milliseconds)!
>
> 2. When a card is cloned, does it receive any newcard, opencard
> messages? My
> clone doesn't seem to respond to anything like this.
>
> 3. Previously, my cloned cards seemed to number themselves upwards
> from the
> original. Now they SEEM (not 100% sure) to be pushing the original up
> and
> numbering themselves 1 etc! If it doesn't become the last card this
> gives me
> some problems as I send an initialise message to the last card after
> cloning.
>
> As you can see, I'm a little confused!

Hi Stephen,

I just posted the same problem to this list.  You might take a look at
my messages with the subject:  Differences between standalone and IDE
results.  I have even created a sample stack that demonstrates the
problem.  You are not alone.  I believe it is a bug in the IDE.  It
should run fine if you create a standalone out of it or build your app
in MC 2.5.  I will be buzillaing this in a few minutes.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto