System Requirements

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Mon Mar 1 20:40:09 EST 2004

On Mar 1, 2004, at 10:45 AM, Thomas Cole wrote:

> I have a publisher who wants to distribute a CD with my rev
> standalones. Previously, when I used HyperCard for Mac and Toolbook
> for Windows, the system requirements on the CD read:
>
> Windows 386/33 processor with 8 MB RAM
> Windows 95 or higher
> Single-speed CD ROM
> 256-color display at 640x48
>
> and for Mac:
> Apple Macintosh 68040 processor with 5 MB RAM
> System 7.1 or higher
> Single-speed CD-ROM
>
> Now I am distributing the same software product as MACFAT, MACOSX, and
> Windows Rev standalones. They want to know how to change the System
> requirements info to print on a CD.
>
> Could someone kindly tell me what the minimum processor speed and RAM
> requirements are for Rev standalones? Is the rest all right? What are
> developers putting on their cd's?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Tom in Arizona

Hi Tom.  I use the following for most of my apps.  I rely on the OS
rather than the processor.  If they can run the OS you list, then they
should be in good shape to run your app.

Mac: System 7-9 & 10
  32MB RAM
  640 x 480 display (800 x 600 highly suggested)
  hard drive, CD-ROM
  and printer.

  Win: Windows 95-XP

--