Question for Windows people

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Mon Mar 1 18:58:10 EST 2004

I need my little project to work under XP, and need a little help, being a
Mac guy.  First, when the build only shows the one .exe file, will the
substack allow changes to be saved?  The engine is supposed to be attached
to a splash screen mainstack, and the substack is hidden inside somewhere.
I know it doesn't appear under OSX, but I need to be sure it will behave as
needed under Windows.

Second, I need non-proportional fonts.  I had thought Courier was
ubiquitous, but either it's been supplanted by Courier New, or was just
left out when stuff was installed on that PC.  Are there any others I can
be almost guaranteed will be there?  Monaco doesn't appear to be.  On my
Mac, Courier New appears very faint in Rev, though it's fine in Appleworks.
Does anyone know what will happen with it in XP and a standalone?  Courier
New 12 point appears very slightly larger than Courier (I have both on my
Mac), but the difference is not significant.
Thanks,
Dave