Limitations of RR for drawing apps?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 1 05:32:09 EST 2004

Graham Samuel wrote:

> I vaguely remember someone (Richard G?) saying that RunRev is not
 > entirely suitable for creating vector drawing (and - maybe -
 > painting) programs in the style of MacDraw or the drawing/painting
 > features of AppleWorks....

Depends on what you want to do.  Some types of drawing apps will work
great, but if you need scrolling documents and manipulatable lines and
polygons it's tricky.

See Bugzilla for details: #622, 623, and 624.

I'm told these are queued for possible implementation, but no projected
date has been given.

In the meantime, it's hard to make the equivalent of SuperCard's
SampleDraw, and in some aspects not possible yet (or at least not with a
smoothness I feel comfortable delivering).

For myself, rather than implement hard-earned/short-lived workarounds
I'm doing my stuff for the apps that need drawing tools in ways that
work around the current limitations, confident that a solid solution for
the whole kaboodle will be coming at some point....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation