Use Director Xtra as driver?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Mon Jun 28 22:23:04 EDT 2004

What a fun project and interesting game.

OS X ships with a C compiler (GCC) so it should not be a problem to
compile the C code (assuming that is what they provide). If it is, then
you could compile it and make it an external which can be used with
Rev. There are others on this mailing list who have a lot of experience
with externals (I don't) and I know that at least some of them are at
WWDC (in San Francisco) this week. If you can get the drivers as an
external (compiled for Mac and for Windows) then Rev should work with
them nicely.

I don't know anything about Director's Xtra files but would doubt that
you could use it. There are others on this list with experience with
Director too.

Rev should be a very good environment for you to do this in assuming
you can get the USB device working. Unfortunately, few people have
reported success in talking to USB devices other than using them for
serial connections. Supposedly Rev can talk to USB devices so maybe
someone can make this work.

Good luck.

Bill Vlahos