Font and Font Size . . .

David Squance squance at elkvalley.net
Wed Jun 23 20:31:48 EDT 2004

>Can someone please help me:  Since my standalone app will have a lot of
>text editing, I want to allow the user to change font and font size.  I
>know how to build the menus but I don't know how to script it.  Any
>help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks, Roger

You may have some better replies from more experienced Revers, but this is
what I've done:
I created a list field to hold the font names I wanted available and a
button to show that field.  The field has the following script:

on mouseup
  put the value of the clickline into cline
  set the textfont of fld "data" to cline
  put cline into fld "dfont"
  hide fld "fontlist"
end mouseup

the field "dfont" shows the currently active font.

Something very similar is set up for the text size.  The field with the
choices has this script:

on mouseup
  put the value of the clickline into cline
  put cline into fld "fontsize"
  set the textheight of fld "data" to 12
  hide fld "sizelist"
end mouseup

Again, the field "fontsize" shows the current size and the field "sizelist"
is hidden until a button shows it and holds the choices you want available.

HTH
Dave