FTP file uploading problem

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 18:55:27 EDT 2004

At 5:22 pm -0400 22/6/04, Richard Miller wrote:
>I'm trying to upload a file to my public directory on a hosted
>server (at IPowerWeb), but having no luck. It's either something I'm
>doing wrong in the coding or some problem accessing the server from
>Rev.
>
>In Explorer, I can use this address to allow access to my public ftp
>directory.
>
>      ftp://anonymous@portable-pro.com@host180.ipowerweb.com/
>
>This works fine... no problem seeing the files there. I can also use
>this info to ftp a file there via an FTP program. No problem
>uploading the file.
>
>This doesn't work from within Rev:
>
>       libURLftpUpload fld
>1,"ftp://anonymous%40portable-pro.com@host180.ipowerweb.com"
>
>(or any variation I've tried yet). It gives me an immediate ERROR
>message (using PUT THE RESULT).

Try this url in Rev:

    ftp://anonymous%40portable-pro.com:dummypassword@host180.ipowerweb.com/

libUrl expects both a user name and password (or none at all) for ftp
urls. If none is supplied, it uses "anonymous" as the user name and
"guest" as the password. This works with most anonymous ftp servers,
although some require an e-mail address format for the password.
However, it seems your server requires "anonymous at portable-pro.com"
as the user name, but anything as the password.

Also, be sure to add the final slash in the url.

Cheers
Dave