Revolution gui wrapper

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 18:29:05 EDT 2004

on Mon, 21 Jun 2004
Xavier Bury wrote:

> DOS GUI wrappers are easy and very useful.

This means that every dos program has the potential to

become an auxiliar to RR/MC. Right?

> Open a DOS box, type your command with '/?' to
> display the help switches.

[snip]

> you can always
> dump the output using the
> piping command character at the end of the command
> line. ">" or ">>" (one >
> to replace the output, 2 to append).
> for example
>   dir c: > myoutput.txt

I'll have to study carefully the dos shell commands.
I'm not a DOS wizard! ;-)

> Second, you have to be careful about different
> commands running on different
> system (W98, nt4, 2000, xp, 2003 and their
> corresponding reskits) as they
> have different inputs and outputs!

Could you explain us the ways in which
these i/o differs?

> I use many GUI kits combining different of these
> IO's to do many many things
> like user, group, share management much better than
> MS's own administrative tools...

This is extraordinary! :-)

> So if you are interested in more let me know.

Of course i'm interested.
But i'll like to read a small tutorial
with a simple dos application.

Understanding the inputs and outputs is crucial
to make this works. So you explanations are welcome!

Thanks in advance.

al

=====
Visit my site: