Trying to use the metaphor

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jun 18 16:27:56 EDT 2004

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin and I have both walked a number of x-talkers through
 > the Rev learning curve and it always seems to go the same way --
 > Richard has a good list of responses that I can't recall exactly but
 > which is close enough to the norm to make me laugh out loud each
 > time I read it.

The original version:

     In my experience as a user and a trainer, the learning curve
     often goes something like this:

     Day one:  "What the hell is going on?  Why doesn't anything work
                like I expect?  I hate this damn thing."

     Two days: "Omigawd, the potential is incredible! If only I knew
                how to use it all..."

     Two weeks: "After reading the language guide and trying some
                 things out, I'm able to do truly productive work."

     One month: "Now I can do productive work efficiently."

     Three months: "With the flexibility of the language and the handy
                tools in Revolution, I'm seeing slightly greater
                productivity than in my formerly-favorite tool I'd
                used for years."

     Six months : "I love this thing."

     One year: "I love this thing like no other."

The expurgated version is at the bottom of:
<http://www.runrev.com/index.php>

:)
--
  Richard Gaskin