Value of function from a group NOT in the message path

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Wed Jun 16 12:20:23 EDT 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 11:57 AM, Dar Scott wrote:

> The expression for value() may be fairly complex and need not refer to
> a function.  It might be something like "x > 5".
>
> Values in Transcript are (virtually) strings, so it is natural for
> expressions and sequences of commands to be represented as strings.

Yes, I see.

I also see the value in "value", but am now thinking that the model for
retrieval of "private properties" in the form of script locals, should
probably be standardized (for me) to using a getProp mechanism which
populates a customKey for the requester to read. Is that more the
recommended convention? Obviously, I'm used to having "getter" and
"setter" functions, which read and return object (in the true OOP
terms) properties and return values, but it seems that Transcript
enjoys a slightly different mechanism and approach for this.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.