handler not waiting when calling shell() under Win98

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Mon Jun 14 12:41:13 EDT 2004

Has anyone run into this problem?  I have a Rev standalone that launches an
external installer program using the shell() function.  The docs
specifically say that the current handler will pause until the shell returns
its result, but this doesn't seem to be happening under Win98 or Me.  Does
anyone have any ideas?  My standalone depends on this, and it works fine
under Win 2000/XP.  Seems to be a nasty bug.  Is there some way I can get
around it?

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Software Developer