value invocation again.

K nnoydb at excite.com
Sat Jun 12 13:17:14 EDT 2004

I have created a set of generic tasking functions/handlers in order to facilitate this I am using the value() construct.  I am experiencing several unusual phenomena listed below.

1.  The function invoked invokes handlers inside it's own card these handlers alter HMI components.  Normally I refer to these components like so "hide button "a"" but when the functions/handlers are invoked using value() I receive object unknown.  I have added "of me" which seems to have corrected the problem.

2.  After several thousand invocations the function cannot invoke handlers/functions in it's own card or suddenly built-in statements like "try" are no longer recognized.  The error I receive is handler unknown or statement invalid.  Understand I have logged the execution of the function and the supporting handlers have been invoked several thousand times by this point!

I am not sure exactly what context the value() executes the function in.  From my test the context is quite unclear.

-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
Disclaimer:

Any resemblance between the above views and those of my
employer, my terminal, or the view out my window are purely
coincidental.
Any resemblance between the above and my own views is non-deterministic.

 The question of the existence of views in the absence of anyone to hold
them
is left as an exercise for the reader. The question of the existence of
the reader
 is left as an exercise for the second god coefficient.
(A discussion of non-orthogonal, non-integral polytheism is beyond the
scope of this article.)