Disappointing demo

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Jun 8 10:51:53 EDT 2004

Jim Lyons wrote:

> 3. I set the name of the app to "Net App Test", more than once, but it
> kept reverting itself back to "Untitled 1". This wasn't a problem on my
> system where I had tested this demo. On his system, I had saved the
> stack without setting the name first, so went back and changed the name,
> then made the standalone settings, saving the stack when prompted.
> Haven't investigated further...

It would be interesting to get a recipe for that.  I've not had that
problem here, but I don't doubt that you did.  Are you sure you've saved
the stack after the name was changed?

> My friend was still pretty impressed with all of Rev's capabilities,
> especially with its net-savvy features. But he was not convinced that it
> was a mature and reliable product after these problems showed up so
> quickly. Sorry to seem like I'm just complaining. I cut RunRev a lot of
> slack myself, and look forward to the bug-fix release that's coming.

Maybe they're promoting Rev the way I promote California:  I really like
it here, but when I talk with folks back east I always complain about
the floods, fires, riots, and earthquakes, hopefully keeping the actual
good living we have here a well-kept secret. :)

Rev represents an unbeatable ROI proposition that almost guarantees
higher margins through lower development costs than is possible with
nearly any other tool.  Heck, if everyone were using it my clients would
lose a ten-to-one advantage over their competition (I love being able to
resolve a support issue by sending a custom build - it only takes a
second with automated standalone building, but it's beyond what the
competition could hope to acheive). By embedding demo-killing
anti-features, our consultancies remain even more competitive. :)

But seriously, if you can get recipes for those put 'em in Bugzilla.
I've been blown away by the progress made on bug fixes over the last
several weeks, so I have high confidence that issues like these can be
resolved.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation