MouseMove strangeness

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sat Jun 5 22:29:24 EDT 2004

On Jun 5, 2004, at 5:29 PM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> A group will normally resize to accommodate its contents. If the group
> has a margin setting > 0 (and probably a borderWidth > 0) this means
> that as the field rect gets set to the group rect, the group will then
> expand again to retain its margins and border settings.

Yes, I finally figured this out.

> Possible ways:
>
> Set the margins (and borderwidth) of the group to 0.

For some reason, this doesn't work. I set the borderwidth and margins
of both the group and the field to 0 yet, it still automatically
resized whenever the mouse was within. I even had the field set to a
smaller size than the group. I could get the field to shrink instead of
expand and I got stasis, but never a smooth resizing as I resized the
group.

I've decided to just use a field instead of a group and use Rev's
built-in ability to resize objects. Actually much better.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein