Background app in OSX.3?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Jun 3 21:40:28 EDT 2004

Er, I think I've got it.
Apparently in Panther, this information is cached. Try this:

http://cocoa.mamasam.com/MACOSXDEV/2003/11/1/76192.php

Which suggests to "touch" your application bundle after you change the
plist file.
In terminal:

cd /Applications
touch MyApplication.app

So use LSUIelement as usual, but you gotta trick the OS into seeing
your change.
It may also work to drag things in and out of your applications folder,
but the above seems more likely to work to me...

HTH.
Brian