Quicktime matrix access in player

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Jun 2 10:39:25 EDT 2004

On Jun 2, 2004, at 7:39 AM, Gregg wrote:

> I need to show Quicktime movies flipped (mirrored).
>
> Does RunRev allow access to the "matrix" property
> of a Quicktime movie in a player object?
>
> (In HC the Quicktime Tools allowed access to the
> matrix property which provides for scaling, rotation,
> and flipping.)

Revolution does not give you access to the matrix property of a movie
or track.  If you don't have too many movies to deal with you could
mirror them using QuickTime Player Pro.

In case you haven't done this before here is how you would go about it.

1) Open the movie properties window
2) Select your video track from the menu on the left
3) Select "Size" from the menu on the right
4) Use the buttons along the bottom of the panel to mirror or rotate.

If you have to show the movie both normally and mirrored then just save
the mirrored version while allowing dependencies.  This will save a
small reference movie which points to your original movie but plays it
back using mirroring.

If this isn't a practical solution then an addition could be made to
the Enhanced QuickTime external available at my website -
<http://www.mangomultimedia.com/developer/revolution/enhancedqt.html>.
There seems to be quite a bit of matrix manipulation calls in the QT
API.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia