Linux distribution selection?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sat Jul 31 20:07:28 EDT 2004

On Jul 31, 2004, at 7:37 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Linux x86 under Virtual PC 6 need lots of power and if you expect to
> use a G4 to run it, you will get best results in choosing to run Linux
> under a real x86 box, as Richard recommands. About the distributions :
> Lindows, Mandrake or RedHat are probably more suitables than the last
> Suse/Novell issues. All are yet using very friendly installers and are
> running mature GUI and desktop interface (KDE, Gnome). The bad thing
> with Linux ? Probably not as good as xBSD are in about servers tasks
> and probably not as good as Panther is in about desktop works...

Thanks for that info. Well, I don't have any intention of using Linux
as anything more than a testbed, and to run some extra servers... for
testing the server setups, and to do some Linux tweaking for
Revolution, I'd want to use VirtualPC on my Powerbook 17. To actually
run the servers, yes, I'll set up Linux on an actual Intel box. I have
a few around that don't do much.  ;-)
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.