Cross-platform fonts...what is everyone else doing?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Tue Jul 27 18:17:32 EDT 2004

Well, as I relayed to you previously, Richard, they just go FUBAR about
half-way through the stack under various flavours of Windows: they lose
their face (from the stated fonts to one of the Lucida ones) and their
size (from rather large, 24 pt or more, to tiny, perhaps 12 pt or less)
and may lose their style or attribute as well (IIRC perhaps a bit or two
that was italicized goes back to plain).

I did bugzilla it as you suggested but Tuviah I think said it couldn't be
duplicated and that the problem was that the font didn't exist under the
Windows config; but if that were the case, why is everything fine
initially?  Why was I able to "correct" things under Windows and take it
back to the Mac? (later losing it once again when taken back to Windows)?

Grrrr... perhaps it is something goofy I am doing, but I would guess that
a plain vanilla straight-across fidelity when the fonts exist under both
Mac and Windows would be the common expectatation of many a user... of me,
at least.

Judy