Revolution quiting on RegEx procedure...

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 17:55:09 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

is there a limit on the size of the text to RegEx with matchText? I am
trying to use RegEx to replace a tag in a very evil XML that cannot be
well parsed by RevXML, I thought, well, if we can't parse it the good
way, let's do the evil way. I removed all the cr, tabs, newlines and lf
so that we end with a big string then I tried matching the text, the
xml is about 300.000 chars long, and Rev locks up and dies... any clue,
can't Rev handle the load?

The XML is evil because contains unescaped Unicode characters, It makes
heavy use of Option+8 (the little ¥ ) to "combine" tag names. like
8374658376¥ID and when parsing that damn thing the engine dies. Ah by
the way, the XML is by Apple, it's a PLIST.

thanks
andre
--
Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004 ð BRAZIL