Reading data from BLOB objects

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Mon Jul 26 11:47:16 EDT 2004

A bit more info on what I am doing here:

I am trying to execute a query to the effect of:

UPDATE name=value, name=value, ..., logo=:1, name=value WHERE id=anID

Where :1 should be replaced by the binary data from the image, correct?

I tried this:

put image "Logo" into dbImage

revExecuteSQL theDatabase, theQuery, "*bdbImage"

Which failed, and "the result" returned "1".  (A very helpful error
message, that "1" is!)

I then tried this:

put revQueryDatabaseBLOB(theDatabase, theQuery, "*bdbImage) into x

In this case, "x" returns empty, but the image is not stored into the
database.

If I try something like:

SELECT * FROM <theTable>

I would expect the column to display an OID number, but instead, it
shows as blank.

What am I missing here?