Cancel socketTimeout?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jul 25 18:08:28 EDT 2004

On Jul 25, 2004, at 2:42 PM, John Rule wrote:

> Is there any way to cancel a socketTimeout?

I think you can cancel the message.  The info you need is in
pendingMessages.  However, this may not do what you want.

> I keep getting (in my opinion)
> invalid socketTimeout error messages. Can I make the engine 'ignore'
> timeouts?

Maybe you can set the socketTimoutInterval to something very large.

You can ignore the messages by simply not having a handler for
socketTimeout.

> The engine keeps closing valid connections on me!

Now that is weird.

Do you get a socketClosed or socketError right after the socketTimout?
What OS?  What Rev version?  (The beta has new socket code and bugs are
being worked out.)

Dar Scott