Disabled Button in Object Inspector - redux

Ray G. Miller rgmiller at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 23 16:28:19 EDT 2004

Jim Carwardine said:

"I have a button (checkbox button) that appears disabled (grayed out) in the
object inspector.  I can use it so it's "enable property" is true
What gives?  Jim"

Jim,
this has happened to me with all sorts of btns: I think the corners get bent  :-P

You can easily waste 2 to 5 hours trying to fix it; and it still won't look/behave correctly.

My "permenent" solution is to create a NEW one, (DO NOT CLONE the old one!), after first noting its layer (this may or may not be important for your project).

I can usually cut & paste the bent btn's script into the new one.

Delete the bent btn.

As Sun Yet-Sen once mumbled, "S&*% happens!"

Ray G. Miller
Turtlelips Productions
4009 Everett Ave.
Oakland, CA 94602