libUrlBasicAuthToken(<name>,<password>)

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Fri Jul 23 16:12:23 EDT 2004

On 23 Jul 2004, at 20:22, macdev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking at the results. However, my app is a little more
> complicated. I am trying to post a file using
> multipartformdata and it works when I post to a window server.
>
> It doesn't work when I post to a apache box. it seems that windows has
> no problems.
>
> It is getting the return page of the cgi script but it is not posting
> files that I need to post.
> my runrev app spits back the results of the post.
>
> I made a local html page using the same  http://username:password@url
> and the same form variables and it works with both servers. a local
> html page launched from a local browser has no problems.

To authenticate with the remote server, there is no real need to use
libUrlSetAuthToken. You can just use the url format
http://name:password@whatever.com. (Be sure to urlEncode the name and
password if they contain any funny characters.)

libUrlSetAuthToken was recently added to give support for doing proxy
authentication (the documentation for which is coming shortly).

However, in your original mail, you mention "digest" authentication.
Right now, libUrl only supports the Basic authentication scheme.

Regarding multipart formdata, is your problem with authentication or
something else? Derek mentioned checking "the result". Perhaps you
misunderstood him (apolgies if you didn't), but the result function
will report any errors returned from url calls. E.g.

   post somedata to url tUrl
   if the result is not empty then
      ## an error occurred
      answer the result