Importing pdf files or working with PDF files in player object

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Jul 23 08:02:34 EDT 2004

On 22/7/04 9:07 pm, "Brian Yennie" <briany at qldlearning.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I don't think you'll find this anytime soon. As evidence of how
> cryptic and hard to support the PDF format is, witness that there is no
> standard API for Windows and Apple only recently spun it's own. Almost
> all PDF viewing applications rely directly or indirectly on Acrobat
> and/or an Adobe plugin. And that's just to display the file, let alone
> break it apart and show it in some other format.

I'm curious to know if anyone has tried to use a browser plug-in with
altBrowser on Windows?  Do browser plug-ins work and can you display a PDF
that way?  I'm not proposing this as a be all and end all solution, just
something to try for now.

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools