How to use database linked controls

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Thu Jul 22 22:03:49 EDT 2004

On Jul 22, 2004, at 4:46 PM, Bill wrote:

> Jan:
>
> How do you get the   -- revRecordCountOfQuery(somevariable)
> To work? (I tried inserting all kinds of things in the somevariable
> and got
> nothing).
>
> I want to have my various changes of the query using
>  revSetSQLOfQuery "Connect",tSQLStatement to also put the subset of the
> records found in a field. I would also like the arrow commands that go
> through the records found to show a which record they are at related
> to the
> total records found.

Bill,

Just like me, you're using "undocumented" Database Query Builder
functions, they changed a little since 2.1. When you say subset, you're
saying all the query? Like you execute a nice SELECT names FROM
tableNames and want to flush all the results into a field? If this is
the behaviour you want, then set your field to a table object then in
the database slip choose what fields to display.

I am with 2.5beta and my version is missing the Database Query Builder
I think, so I advise to stick to 2.2 till 2.5 leave beta stage, at
least for apps involving DB

Cheers
andre

> Should I be using the 2.5beta for my testing? If so I don't know where
> down load it as I never got the email about it.
>
> Bill

Andre Alves Garzia ð 2004
Soap Dog Studios - BRAZIL
http://studio.soapdog.org