Screen Size Advice

SimPLsol at aol.com SimPLsol at aol.com
Thu Jul 22 17:35:05 EDT 2004

Tom,
Back when screens were WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) they were 72
dpi (dots per inch) and 600 x 800 filled a 17" screen.
Today most screens are 17" or larger and flat panel screens are 90 dpi or
higher - so 600 x 800 should work for anything but an old, non-multi-resolution,
CRT monitor (early iMacs, for instance had 15" monitors but they were
multi-sync so they could imitate a 17" or even a 20").
For my work I made the card size 560 x 800 to allow for the OS 7, 8 , 9
menubar. They OS X menubar is slightly taller so 550 x 790 might be better - would
give you a little room on each side.
Please let us know what you have decided.
Paul Looney