Screen Size Advice

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Jul 22 16:36:09 EDT 2004

On Jul 22, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Tom Cole wrote:

> Thanks for the help, but I guess I'm getting confused with the screen
> size info.
>
> All I really want is to decide on a smart size for my cards so I can
> position my graphics and buttons and know that they will not overflow
> anyone's screen.
>
> When I drag a screen around until its rect is 800/600, I have plenty
> of room to work. (It's quite big!) So I guess my question is if I just
> keep all my buttons and graphics within this size area, 600/800, will
> it work for people and does it matter then what the stack's screenrect
> is? I just want to know if I develop with cards whose rects are at
> 600/800 if people will have enough room.

If you use 800 X 600 for your stack size virtually everyone will be
able to fit it onto their screen, given today's monitor standards.

> I can't seem to change the screenrect for the stack, whose default
> seems to be 1024/768.

The screenRect function has nothing to do with the size of your stack
window; it simply queries the operating system and returns the current
screen resolution setting. Nothing you do in Revolution will change
this setting; you have to go to your computer's Control Panels/System
Preferences to change it.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University