Acrobat files?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Thu Jul 22 16:04:34 EDT 2004

Troy,

Unfortunately there is no cross-platform and reliable way to view PDFs
in Rev... of course, the only thing I know of that matches that
criteria is a web browser plugin, but here are some tidbits:

1) On MacOS X, Quicktime player objects can display PDF (go Mac)
2) You can launch a URL and rely on the PDF plugin in the browser- try
a regular "file://" style URL.
3) You can open a file with an application, although the user may have
to locate Acrobat Reader (and have it installed)
4) An external _could_ be written to actually use the browser plugin in
a roundabout way, but it wouldn't be easy
5) Use altBrowser on windows as a browser object and load the PDF using
a browser plugin this plus #2 might do the trick, albeit much different
methods per platform.

HTH