Web Delivery

Gordon Tillman got at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 22 12:29:59 EDT 2004

Greetings All!

If I understand correctly, and please do let me know if this is not
right...

It is entirely possible to implement a RR application using something
along these lines:

First have a "Startup" piece that is a compiled standalone for each of
the platforms you are supporting.  Or else, with the new beta stuff,
have a Startup stack that is run via the "Revolution Player".

Either way, you have a Startup piece that runs and does a "go stack URL
whatever", or a "go stack decompress(URL whatever)" as appropriate to
load your actual application and run it.

I'm guessing that the stack that you load via the URL is cached.  Is
that correct?  And if so, the next time the user runs the application,
is that cached version automatically run?

When the Startup code issues the "go stack URL..." stuff, will it still
check online to see if the cached stack is different or has expired?
If the user does not have an Internet connection on subsequent runs of
the application, but does have a cached version present on their
computer, will the cached version still be loaded?

Many thanks!

--gordon