urgent QTversion question...

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Jul 22 10:33:19 EDT 2004

Hi James,

> Klaus -
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but have you tried "put the QTVersion"
> into
> some variable and go from there?  I just did "put the QTVersion" in the
> message box and it returns "6.5.1".  I'm MacOSX 10.3.4.

sorry, looks like i was not clear enough..

Of course this is only important on windoze!
On the mac QT is the only multimedia engine so far...

But some pcs do NOT have QT installed for whatever reason or a very old
version...

Like QT 2.1.2, which is still present on many win98 machines, and you
need at least
version 4.x to be able to play e.g MP3 files and at least v. 5 or above
to play MPG videos
with QT...

But on windowze apps, i want to check the qtversion BEFORE i decide to
use
or not use QT...

See one of my last mails concerning media files that are playable
inside of
player objects without QT...

So i want to check if there is an "up to date" version of QT on the
target PC before i decide
to "set the dontuseqt" to whatever...

But with the current behaviour this is simply not possible, since once
QT is loaded, you
canot get rid of it as long as your rev-app is running...

So this is a bit like a paradoxon:
I can check, but then the result is useless, since i cannot change
anything if it is
not what i need...

Know what i mean?

Therefore my question: Is there a registry entry that we can check
instead?

> Cheers...James

Regards

Klaus Major