Asteroids [Was Re: weird behavior]

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 19 15:58:46 EDT 2004

At 10:14 19/07/2004 -0700, Scott Rossi wrote:
> In addition to Geoff Canyon's amazing asteroids
> recreation that employs a single polygon graphic,
> you might want to take a look at the Tutti3D example
> available in our media panel.

The stack "Rotater Manipulator" uses a single
vector graphic too, to draw a 3d object in the card:

Download the stack from:

<http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/Rotater_Manipulator_v1a.zip>

This is an adaptation of the HC stack of Alexander
Thomas that you could download from his website:

<http://www.dr-lex.34sp.com/software/3dstuff.html>

I've added 3D matrix math to make the transformations
faster and included the "Live" option
suggested by Jim Hurley.

Use this "Live" option ONLY with models of a few
lines like the cube and some simple shapes like
the Fighter and the Tank.

Read the Help card (second card)
of this stack for useful information.

I've invited Alexander Thomas to test RunRev
by himself and visit us in the mail list.

I'm making tests to provide edition of the points
of these 3d graphics. It could be made already,
by changing the values by hand, but it'll be more
confortable to use sliders or move the points
with the mouse on the axis x,y,z.

Enjoy! :-))

al

=====