Sheet Bug? (Aqua HI guidelines violation)

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Wed Jul 21 17:50:27 EDT 2004

Hmm...

When "ask" or "answer" is used in sheet form under Mac OS X (10.3.4),
if I switch to a different window while the sheet is opened, then click
on a field on the card/stack/window the sheet is attached to, I can
start typing into that field.

A sheet is supposed to be a "document-modal" dialog: the controls in
the window containing the sheet should not be active while the sheet is
displayed.

This is a violation of the Aqua HI guidelines.

Just thought I'd point that out.

(if I click while the window containing the sheet is already the active
window, it works correctly, though)

$0 Web Hosting with up to 120MB web space, 1000 MB Data Transfer
Get It Now At www.doteasy.com