The 2.5 debugger

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Wed Jul 21 17:23:00 EDT 2004

> Re: The 2.5 debugger
> 	• 	From: Kevin Miller
> 	• 	 Subject: Re: The 2.5 debugger
> 	• 	 Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:42:03 -0700
>
> On 21/7/04 7:26 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I downloaded the 2.5 beta this morning and went immediately to the
> debugger.
> > Lots of improvements! Thanks!
> > Not to appear ungrateful but....
> > Is there some technical reason why the buttons in the debugger can't
> have
> > command keys on OS X? You know, command I for Step Into, command T
> for Trace,
> > command A for Abort. This would be very helpful.
>
> Step Into is Space.  Step Over is Option space.  Command-. is abort.
> We
> didn't do Run and Trace as we thought these were likely only to be
> wanted
> once.  However, Command-w will run, though it also closes the window.
>
> Kevin Miller ~ [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ http://www.runrev.com/

Wow, becoming of age...
The only weird combination is Command-w.
On mac os x it is used to close windows.
But closing AND run ??? Causes a lot of windows switching.
What if one wants to keep the window open and run?
May be a prefs feature?
And why not Command-r when used in debug mode (if possible without
closing the window)?
Surely one does not want to group objects during debugging.

Greetings,
WA