Object paths?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Jul 20 22:42:51 EDT 2004

On Jul 20, 2004, at 10:32 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>>>  > But further on this... if the defaultStack is closed, what
>>> determines

>>> Whatever is the top-most, non-palette stack (and if only palettes
>>> are left, the one that is "in front".
>> This is correct in most situations, but it can get a little more
>> complicated than that (the defaultStack defaults to the topStack,
>> which has various rules depending on stack mode which I still need to
>> look up ;-)
>
> If memory serves, I believe the rule that Scott Raney explained to me
> was that the topstack is the top-most stack of the lowest mode.

Rather slippery, the defaultStack. Now, who was asking why I found
myself using explicit paths?  ;-)

(Just kidding. I'm sure the defaultStack is plenty reliable and
controllable, and under most circumstances is exactly what you think it
would be... it just seems to get away from me sometimes.)
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.